Indicators for journals evaluation
Selected indicators for scientific journals evaluation:
Sources of the indicators described above:
- Journal Citation Reports - Online Access to JCR (since 1997) on Web of Science
- Journal Citation Reports (JCR) Science Edition
- Journal Citation Reports (JCR) Social Sciences Edition
The current list of journals with the IFs is published mid-year of the following year.
When looking for JCR database, choose "Additional Resources" after entering the platform ISI Web of Knowledge.
- Master Journal List - Master Journal List is in Poland commonly called „lista filadelfijska”. The Master Journal List includes all journal titles covered in scientific products of Thomson Reuters, available on the ISI Web of Knowledge platform, among others in Web of Science (WoS) database. The Master Journal List is than broader than the list of journals available both in WoS and in JCR database.
There is no information on Impact Factor values in the Master Journal List
- List of the Ministry’s scored journals - The Ministry of Science and Higher Education publish a list of scored journals once a year.
- INDEX COPERNICUS JOURNALS MASTER LIST (JML) - Current values of Index Copernicus (IC) factors for individual titles, estimated rates for the next year, journal’s publishing address, URL journal’s address, language of publication, availability in international databases). Data are available only for authorized users.
- Scopus - It is an abstract and citation database where the number of citations, the value of h-index (Hirsch index) can be found (publications since 1996). It is also possible to compare scientific journals using the Journal Analyzer feature.
Increase visibility of your research output – publish in Open Access
- increased visibility, usage and impact
- fast spread of information
- increased number of citations
- free promotion
If you want to have your paper available in Open Access:
- publish in peer revived journals from the DOAJ list
- use the National license for Springer Open Choice
- show your papers in the WUT Digital Library
Check your publisher’s copyright policies & self-archiving on the Sherpa RoMEO portal.