WUT Main Library’s collections contain scientific and didactic literature on technical sciences such as:
- basic sciences: mathematics, physics and chemistry;
- engineering sciences: environmental engineering, materials, civil, chemical, and mechatronics, computer science, electronics, electrical engineering, transport, engineering, construction, production organization and architecture;
- natural sciences: biology, agriculture, geodesy and cartography;
- socio-economic sciences: organization and management, political science and law.
List of divisions describes subject classes of collection.
WUT Main Library’s collections contain about 1,000,000 volumes:
- including over 570 000 volumes of printed books (scientific, monographs, handbooks, manuals, lexicons etc.);
- about 760 subscribed titles of printed scholarly journals;
- over 8 300 titles of electronic journals;
- 160 000 titles of electronic books (see: e-resources title list);
- access to 150 licensed databases (see: database list);
- 188 000 items of special collection (antique books, dissertations, audiovisual materials, microforms, etc.);
- 82 000 Polish standards or European and international standards harmonized with Polish;
- and many other sources of information.
WUT Main Library is constantly expanding collections by systematically buying new publications, subscribing to the most important journals in the field of technical sciences and constantly updating resources.
In addition, it creates and develops Digital Library WUT, which collects digital versions of publications constituting historical scientific achievements of university, as well as materials related to the history of WUT. There are also selected digitized scripts, journals and PhD theses representing contemporary DL WUT participates in Digital Libraries Federation (DLF). There you can search more than 2 700 000 resources from over 110 other digital libraries in Poland, using one interface. Additionally, DL WUT resources are visible in the European Digital Library - Europeana.