Open Access Week is a global event , an opportunity for the academic and research community to continue to learn about the potential benefits of Open Access.
This year’s theme of “Open in Action” is all about taking concrete steps to open up research and scholarship and encouraging others to do the same. Reed more about this event at the Open Access Week action portal.
- DOAJ repository (The Directory of Open Access Journals). It was launched in 2003 at Lund University, Sweden. It contains about 9000 open access journals covering all areas of science, technology, medicine, social science and humanities.
- Hindawi Electronic Journals Library is a portal with peer-reviewed, Open Access journals across many areas of science, technology, and medicine, as well as several areas of social science. Hindawi’s journals are indexed in the leading abstracting and indexing databases, including the Web of Science, Scopus, PubMed, INSPEC, Mathematical Reviews, and Chemical Abstracts.
- MIT educational resources - Open educational program prepared by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. You can find here educational materials and open e-learning courses for undergraduate and graduate students.
The technical break will take place on 18th of the October 2016 from 02:00 to 06:00 and 30th of October 2016 from 02:30 to 03:30.
During the break, you will not be able to log in into the system and transactions shall not be settled. A message informing about unavailability of the service may be displayed during login attempt.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
The library training for the university beginners are mostly conducted in electronic way.
The e-learning course will be accessible:
- Faculty of Architecture: November 15, 2016
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering: conducted as a traditional lecture: time and place will be announced soon.
- Faculty of Building Services, Hydro and Environmental: November 15, 2016
- Faculty of Mechatronics: November 15, 2016
- Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering: November 15, 2016
The e-learning course is obligatory. Each course participant has to create an account on the library e-learning platform.
Follow the instruction below:
- Access to the course is available at the WUT Main Library website http://www.bg.pw.edu.pl/index.php/en/
- Select ‘E-learning platform’ bookmark
- Click on ‘Log in’ and select 'Create new account’
- Fill in the 'New Account' form with your details
- An email will be immediately sent to you
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in
- Select 'Courses' from 'Navigation' menu
- Choose ‘Warsaw University of Technology Library Guide’ course
On September 27, 2016 The Main Library and Branches will be open from 11:30.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
LIBSMART Copy - order digital copy from library catalogue
LIBSMART COPY is an application integrated with the library catalogue, which allows to order a electronic copies of magazines and books.
- Go to the online catalogue - find a magazine or a book
- Click on "digital copy request"
- Log in and fill out an electronic form. Approve the valuation of a copy (1 PLN per page)
- Pay online and download the file
You can order copies only from the collections of the Main Library of WUT (excluding PhD theses).
ML Students Lending Room, Reference Center, Special Collections Reading Room, Branch Library of Faculty of Chemistry, Branch Library - Library of Southern Campus
After 4 pm books from ML Students Lending Room and Branch Libraries can be returned in ML Open Stacks.
ML Open Stacks (returning books, borrowing books, paying fees, getting signed graduate's clearance slips)
After 4 pm you will be able to:
- pick up in Open Stacks requested books from ML Students Lending Room (call in advance 22 2347580)
- use items from ML Stockroom Collection, including journals and PhD theses (call in advance 22 2345598)
- return books from ML Students Lending Room, Branch and Students' Halls of Residence LIbraries
Library of Students' Hall of Residence "Akademik"
After 4 pm books can be returned in ML Open Stacks (level IIa).
Libraries of Students' Halls of Residence "Babilon", "Żaczek" - closed
Books can be returned in ML Open Stacks (level IIa).
The Library e-Payment Service for paying overdue fines is available in the Main Library and most faculty libraries at Warsaw University of Technolgy
- online money transfers are made in cooperation with PayU - leader in the Polish market providing an online payment system that is easy to integrate and user-friendly
- online payments is immediately posted to the library account. Once you have paid your fees, your library account will be unblocked and you will be able to borrow books
- you will have extra 3 days to bring back your books or extend their due date
- the service is available on the user’s electronic personal library account
- credit card
- online cash transfer
- PayU account
- money transfer in any bank or at the post office – bring a copy of the bill which you will find on your library account Attention! Your account will be unblocked when the money is transferred to the Main Library account
The service is available at:
- WUT Main Library and its braches
- Library of Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology
- Library of Faculty of Chemical and Process Engineering
- Library of Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Library of Faculty of Faculty of Building Services, Hydro and Environmental Engineering
- Library of Faculty of Mechatronics
- Library of Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering
- Library of Faculty of Automobiles and Heavy Machinery Engineering
- Library of Faculty of Transport
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I pay overdue fines using electronic payments?
The electronic payment option is available on your library account in the Fines&Fees bookmark.
2. Is it safe to pay overdue fines using electronic payments?
Yes, it is. Online Payments service is supplied by PayU – a company that provides an online payment system. You can find more about user’s security in PayU on https://www.payu.pl/en/user-security
3. What are “the baskets” and how do they work?
The baskets allow you to see how much you have to pay for overdue books from each WUT location. For example all overdue fines for books from the ML Students Lending Room and ML Open Stacks will be combined into one fine – visible in one basket. Information about overdue fines from the specific faculty library will appear in a separate basket. Select specific basket and make an online money transfer.
4. What is the minimum amount I can transfer using online payments?
You can use online payments when the fee is more than 0,50 PLN.
5. I have a fee which is less than 0,50 PLN. What should I do?
You can pay it with the cash at the specific WUT library.
6. Do I have to bring back overdue books before paying the fee using e-payment service?
No, there is no need to do it. When you pay the fee using the library e-payment service, you have extra 3 days to return the books to the library. You can also renew the due date of the borrowed books (if nobody else is waiting for the book and you haven't renewed it 3 times already). Note that these extra 3 days are only given when you pay online. If you want to pay with cash at the library you have to bring back the books first.
7. How long do I have to wait for unblocking my library account after making an online payment?
It depends on the way of payment that you choose. When you pay with payU account, online transfer or with a credit card, your library account will be unblocked almost immediately after making the transfer. If you use money transfer in any bank or at the post office you will need to wait until the money is posted to the account. It can last up to 3 work days.
8. I’ve downloaded a copy of the bill and paid with a money transfer in the bank. I have a confirmation of the payment. Is there any chance to speed up unblocking of my account?
No, there is not. When you chose online payment from your library account, there is no way to speed up the procedure. Remember that if you want to unblock your library account quickly, you can come and pay a fee at the library.
9. Is there any extra charge for e-payment service?
No, there is no extra charge for paying fee using e-payment service.
Library training for 1st year master students 2016
We would like to invite the WUT Faculty of Production Engineering students (english programme study) to the library training.
16.03.2016 10:15-12:00 MD-IE-1 (english study -30 students in the group)
21.03.2016 11:15-13:00 MD-IE-1 (english study- 30 students in the group)
21.03.2016 17.15-19.00 MD-IE-1 (english study -30 students in the group)
The training will take place in the WUT, Branch Library - Library of Southern Campus
Narbutta 86, 2nd floor, room 206.
phone: 22 234 73 00,
We kindly inform you that the RefWorks programme will be available to WUT users till the end of December 2015 only.
The WUT Main Library has resigned from RefWorks subscription.
All interested users can export records to the others similar managers like: Endnote (available on Web of Science platform) or to Medely, Zotero. An Export option allows also to export data to the text format. Note also that the option cannot export saved files. If you want to export file, you have to do it manually – one by one.
From 16th of November 2015 the rules for access to PhD theses for 2005-2006 have been changed . PhD theses are accessible in the Special Collections Reading Room (ground floor) room 70, 9am-4pm.
Other PhD theses may be accessed under usual rules.
Library training for 1st year students 2015
We would like to invite the WUT students (english programme study) to the library trainings.
- The schedule of training meetings will be currently presented on WUT Main Library website:
1. Faculty of Civil Engineering (Scientific and Patent Information for I year students)
06.10.2015 08:15-10:00 WUT Main Library (main building) room 162 C
13.10.2015 08:15-10:00 WUT Main Library (main building) room 162 C
See also opened training "Warsaw University of Technology Main Library - first steps" on e-learning platform
phone: 22 234 73 00,
We would like to inform you that Main Library of Warsaw University of Technology has bought access to the collection of 12 000 monographies on ScienceDirect platform.
The collection contains fields:
- Technical sciences
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Agricultural and Biological Sciences
We would like to also remind you that on Science Direct platform can be also found:
- books from Elsevier national collection (from June, 2015 national subscription of Elsevier has been extended for 838 monographies published in 2013, 803 volumes from book series and handbooks published between 2011-2015)
- books from Mathematics and Chemistry collections
- books from Electronics & Electrical, Chemical, Petrochemical & Process, Materials & Mechanical collections which has been moved here from Referex database
Extended opening hours in Open Stacks during the summer holidays 2015
1.07 - 30.09 On weekdays Open Stacks will be open from 9 am to 6:30 pm. At weekends Main Library will be closed.
We invite you to visit us during extended opening hours.